APA Sports & Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
B. Physio; M. Musc. & Sports Physio; Level 1 & 2 Sports Physiotherapy Certificates;
Neuromuscular Dry Needling; Level 1 & 2 Watson Headache and Migraine Management;
Athlete’s Performance Lower Limb Functional Examination and Restoration Workshops.
WSC Since: 2012
Ben joined Wakefield Sports Clinic after completing the Master of Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy Program. His interests include injury prevention and management, strength and conditioning and a holisitic sport-specific rehabilitation approach.
His professional interest is in headache and migraine management, upper limb injury and rehabilitation, and sports injuries specifically relating to throwing injuries such as Baseball, Cricket and Softball. Ben is currently working as the Head Physiotherapist with the Adelaide Bite Baseball Club and Junior Australian Baseball Teams.
Involvement with Teams and Associations
- Australian U18, U21 & U23 Baseball – Team Physiotherapist (2014 – current)
- Adelaide Bite (Australian Baseball League) – Team Physiotherapist (2009 – current)
- South Australian Baseball Academy (SABA)
- SABL Physiotherapist
- Kensington Baseball Club (SABL)
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- SA Sports Medicine Association
- Kinetic Link Training & Conditioning Coach (2015)
- SACA U18 Female Cricket Team (2016)
- MLB Internships (Arizona Fall League 2012, Colorado Rockies 2013, Seattle Mariners 2013)
- Blue Eagles Soccer Club – Trainer (2010)
- Handball SA – Physio (2013 – 2014)
Greatest Sporting Moment:
- Representing SA in AFL (U/12)
- Representing Australia in Baseball (U/18)
- Adelaide Crows Premierships 1997 and 1998