APA Sports Physiotherapist
B.App.Sc (Physio), Grad. Cert. Sports Physio (LaTrobe); Level 3 Sports Physio Certificate
WSC Since: 2002
Kate has been the team Physio for the Westfield Matildas for the past 10 years. She has extensive experience in orthopaedics and return to sport rehabilitation, in particular ACL rehab. Kate has a strong interest in injury prevention and particularly ACL prevention. Kate is working with Football Federation Australia to develop and implement their ACL prevention programs at elite and community levels.
Involvement with Teams and Associations
- SA Sports Medicine Association
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Sports Physiotherapy Australia
- SA Sports Medicine Association Branch Council- Vice President
- Team Physio – Matildas – Australian Women’s Football Team (2007-2017)
- Physiotherapist – Young Matildas – U20 Australian Women’s Football Team (2004-06)
- Physiotherapist – Woods Panthers State League Netball (2003-2006)
Greatest Sporting Moment:
- Being a member of the Matildas staff for 3 World Cups (2007, 2011 & 2015) & the 2016 Australian Olympic Team
- Personally – Swimming from Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island.