APA Sports Physiotherapist
B.Ag.Sc. (Hons); B.App.Sc. (Physiotherapy), Master of Sport Physiotherapy (LaTrobe University, Melbourne), APA Acupuncture training program, APA Level 1, 2 and 3 Sports Physiotherapy Certificates
WSC Since: 2015
We welcome Steve back to Wakefield Sports Clinic in 2015 after 10 years of running his own sports physiotherapy practice. Having recently completed his Masters in Sports Physiotherapy, he has been involved with a number of sporting clubs, including team physiotherapist for the SASI cycling team and the Chain-Reaction Bike challenge, involving 50 cyclists covering 1000km in a week.
His professional interests include shoulder, knee and orthopaedic rehabilitation.
Steve has a keen interest in AFL and enjoys surfing and cycling with his family.
Involvement with Teams and Associations
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Sports Physiotherapy Australia
- South Australian Sports Medicine Association (SASMA)
- Penola Football Club (2005 – 2011)
- Chain Reaction Cycle Challenge (2008-2010)
- Woodville-West Torrens Football Club (2003 – 2004)
- Woods Panthers Netball Club (2002)
- North Adelaide Football Club (1999 – 2000)
- Adelaide Giants Baseball Club (1998 – 1999)
- Touch SA (2002)
- Beach Volleyball and Hockey Teams, Olympic games- Sydney (2000)
Favourite Sporting Moment
- Watching the Australian Women’s Beach Volleyball team win Gold at the Sydney 2000 Olympics
- Personally – Helping to raise money for charity by riding 1000km around Tasmania in 7 days, as part of the Chain-Reaction Cycling Challenge